[mrtg] Re: How to config many WorkDir in "mrtg.cfg" ?

Denny Snyder DSnyder at suscom.com
Tue Jan 28 17:50:36 MET 2003

Have you tried the cfgmaker option?

--subdirs=format  give each router its own subdirectory, naming each
per
                       "format", in which HOSTNAME and SNMPNAME will be

                       replaced by the values of those items -- for
instance,
                       --subdirs=HOSTNAME or --subdirs="HOSTNAME
(SNMPNAME)"

I use this to have separate folders for my devices....  Unfortunately I
haven't played with the full possibilities for this and just settled on
HOSTNAME which actually just uses the IP address - which creates a
subdirectory under my WorkDir for each device's IP address.....  I'm
onot exactly wild about this since now the devices IP address is in the
URL but...  no big deal for now.....

Denny Snyder
Network Engineer
Susquehanna Communications
1050 E. King St
York, PA 17403
Office: (717)771-2613
Fax:    (717)843-5400
dsnyder at suscom dot com
dsnyder at suscom dot net

Registered Linux User 280537

"The final evolutionary step of a 'geek'
is 'guru' - unfortunately, most 'geeks'
never survive the metamorphasis."

>>> Jarungwit BOONPERM <bjarungw at bunga.pn.psu.ac.th> 01/22/03 12:27AM

Dear sir,
   I used mrtg-2.9.25. I have two router.
   I want to keep png file for each router
in separate directory.
      router-1  /www/router1 <--- WorkDir
      router-2  /www/router2

   I want to know how to config "WorkDir" in
mrtg.cfg ?
   Do you have sample "mrtg.cfg" file ?

           thank you very much.
               regards,