[mrtg] Re: Working with a template.

Mike Wren mwren at burnsmcd.com
Tue Jan 28 20:09:02 MET 2003

You have a --global option with no arguments on the second line.  It is
then taking the --if-template and using it as a global command.

>>> Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com> 01/28/2003 1:20:30 PM >>>

	Hi, I am currently trying to get a template to work that will
pull
the names of my interfaces off of my Extreme Black Diamond and use
those
names instead of 1001 1002 1003 1004 for the 'displayed' names inside
MRTG,
this is the commandline I used with config maker:

./cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/httpd/mrtg/' --global 'IconDir:
/icons/'
--global 'Options[_]: growright,bits' --global
--if-template=/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/template removed at removed.com
--output
/usr/local/mrtg-2/config/removed/mrtg.cfg

The file /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/template does exist, but when I try and
start
mrtg via mrtg mrtg.cfg I get :

ERROR: Line 21 (--if-template=/usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/template) in CFG
file
(mrtg.cfg)  does not make sense

In the help page for cfgmaker it says that --if-template= is the
correct way
to call a template.

Any clue would be most helpful,thanks ;-)

-Drew