[mrtg] Re: Logs and Images

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Fri Jan 31 10:53:51 MET 2003

Guto,

> I want to know if is possible to disable the MRTG
> to make the .html and .png files?
Yes it is. You will need to use RRDTool in conjunction with MRTG, and this
creates a single file (filename.rrd) in place of the HTML and PNG image files.
You can find out more about RRDTool from Tobi's MRTG pages.

> And if is possible to use the .log files to produce the .html
> and .png files.
Nope (as when you replace rateup with RRDTool it no longer uses the .log
file). Once MRTG/RRDTool has created the .rrd file you will need to use a
frontend like 14all.cgi (http://my14all.sourceforge.net/) or routers2.cgi to
create your graphs for you.

Take a look at Paul Williamson's page on integrating MRTG and RRDTool together
with the 14all.cgi script. Very easy to follow and worked for me first go. URL
is below.

--
http://www.geocities.com/paulcwilliamson/mrtg/rateup2rrd.html
--

Regards,
Brett.

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature