[mrtg] Re: Cisco 3660 router

Bhupesh Devgun bhupesh.devgun at india.birlasoft.com
Fri Jan 31 12:52:55 MET 2003

Hi Brett
              The responses are commented with #.
Thanks for helping me
Bhupesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Marler [mailto:brett at asroma.homeip.net]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 4:01 PM
To: Bhupesh Devgun
Cc: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [mrtg] Re: Cisco 3660 router

Bhupesh,

> I have tried with templates but still no luck .
According to the templates listed on the Somix page there is one titled
"cisco_generic_cpu" that lists OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0 as the OID for
measuring CPU usage. See below.
#That IOD does not work ,I get a message invalid SNMP variable .

> I have downloaded MIbs from Cisco site also ,I get a message that
OID(which
> I specify in mrtg,cfg) is not a SNMP vairable .
What happens if you try an snmpget on that OID you have in your mrtg.cfg?
(i.e snmpwalk -v1 -c community 1.2.3.4 .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0)
If nothing is returned you may want to try tracing backwards until something

is returned (remove a digit each time).
#From where I can get snmpwalk utility?

> Smokeping requires RRD tool I believe .
It does. It may be worth your while grabbing it and installing it (available

for a variety of OS platforms). I haven't had a chance to play with
Smokeping
yet but it looks pretty impressive and does what your looking for. Someone
mentioned an app called "pingprobe" which you may want to alternatively look

at.

> I am looking for CPU utilization and interface errors on Cisco 3660 router
.
CPU OID is listed above, I can't help with the interface errors OID though.
I'd suggest trying the Cisco TAC and asking them for it (if there is an OID
for it).

Regards,
Brett.