[mrtg] Re: MRTG MAC Monitoring

Mats Karlsson mk at ugg-lan.com
Tue Jul 1 15:58:56 MEST 2003

> I live in a house with several roommates.  We have a wireless network
> that is hosted by a few AP-500's (SNMP capable).  Currently I am just
> monitoring overall traffic across the wap.  What I would like to do is
> be able to track individual user usage (via MAC address probably).

Hi Ryan.

The short answer: Probably not.

The most snmp agent implementations does have counters for the interface but
not "sub interfaces". There are such implementations in for example heavy
switches/routers with large interface where you trunk several customers over
VLAn or ATM circuits.

What type of equipment do you have AP-500, is it cisco or ?

Kind regards
Mats