[mrtg] Re: MRTG MAC Monitoring

Ryan Stasel rstasel at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 1 18:32:34 MEST 2003

The AP-500 is a Lucent/Orinoco/Proxim/Agere AP (yeah, they've changed their
name that many times).  I have figured out what I'm going to do.  I'm
subnetting off my wireless network anyway, and routing it through a linux
box.  After a bit of luck and some google, I found a site documenting the
use of ipfm and mrtg to monitor bandwidth usage on a per ip basis. This will
work fine.  The only reason I wanted by mac was the fact that the AP's most
likely had no idea what ip was what, but they did have mac listings.

Thanks for the answers... I'll post back in a few days after I have time to
play with this, and let people know how it goes.  If anyone has done this
before, I'm curious if there are any suggestions.

Thanks again,
Ryan Stasel