[mrtg] Re: Viewing mrtg output

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Tue Jul 8 14:36:10 MEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aqil" <aq1l at yahoo.fr>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 9:07 PM
Subject: [mrtg] Viewing mrtg output

> Hello
>
> I am very new in this list...
>
> Could soumeone tell me how to view mrtg output ?
>
> FYI, apache is already started (port 8080) in the
> machine where mrtg is installed.
~snip~

MRTG generates .HTML files, along with many other files, and places them
in your WorkDir.  Use any current browser to view your .HTML files.  You
will have to reference your Apache documentation for creating a virtual
directory pointing to the location of your .HTML files if you want to
service them via HTTP.

You've got to be a geek to do MRTG. It is assumed that you have a good
knowledge of HTML, HTTP, and basic scripting/programming methodology in
order to really get a good grasp on what MRTG can do for you.  MRTG will
not solve your problems without you doing a lot of tinkering,
configuring, and experimenting.  Judging by the vagueness of your
quesion posted to this list, I don't think you are ready for MRTG. (not
meant to be a flame, but merely an observation) HOWEVER, here's a list
of some good links to read up on MRTG and its use:

http://howto.aphroland.de/HOWTO/MRTG/FrontPage
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/links.html

Eric Brander