[mrtg] Re: 14 hours

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Jul 11 22:30:35 MEST 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 01:40:57PM -0500, José A. Calderón C. wrote:

> I switched successfully to rrd-tool. I am using routers2.cgi to visualize
> the pages, and want the average of bandwidth only for 14 hours a day, it
> mean from 06h00 to 20h00. Anyone can help me ???
> How can I do that???
> I want to do this because the traffic in the night is 0 and this affect the
> total average of the bandwidth used.

Write your own grapher script (replacement for routers2.cgi) and use a
CDEF to set the values to UNKNOWN during those undesired time range.

AFAIK rrdtool won't use the unknown intervals for average computation.

Read the rrd-users archive, the tutorial, the faq and many more resources
on the internet (e.g. try google) for more help on CDEF.

HTH
Alex