[mrtg] Re: Beginner's question: MRTG not plotting correctly? 2147483648.0%?

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 10:02:15 MEST 2003

> Good evening,
> I am trying to setup MRTG to display results on both Apache and
> Sendmail. In both cases MRTG is not using the data correctly and ends up
> printing a graph that makes no sense for the Daily Graphs and empty
> graphs for the other periods. The daily graph also shows the value
> 2147483648.0% or similar everywhere: This is what I mean:
> http://02.rentalo.com/mrtg/mail.local-msgs.html
> http://02.rentalo.com/mrtg/apache.busyservers.html
> http://02.rentalo.com/mrtg/apache.uptime.html
> Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks in advanced!

I have seen a couple of things that can cause wriong values. Certain
versions of MRTG do not work with certain operating systems. This is well
documented
Converting from LOG to RRD in a windoze world, with current RRD code gives
problems. This has been deicussed in the list, try the archives

Badly configured config files will cause problems.
The crystal ball is broken, we cannot fix what we cannot see.

If you let the list know what OS, version etc you are using, and what you
config contains, someone may be willing/able to offer an answer.

Regards
Peter