[mrtg] Re: Starting MRTG - There has to be a better way...

James Overbeck grendel at gmo.jp
Fri Jul 25 13:38:31 MEST 2003

MRTG config files allow for include statements and fork statements. You
could create one single master config file with 100 include statements.
That would keep you to one single wperl.exe process. If MRTG isn't able
to finish the 100 routers within five minutes, there is a fork config
option that lets you increase speed by splitting the job between
mutliple processes. No idea of its present state of compatibility with
Windows 2000 however. If MRTG can't finish 100 routers in five minutes
and you can't use forks, you can split the one big include file into two
medium sized include files, or however many pieces in takes to finish in
less than five minutes.

Best regards,
James