[mrtg] Libpng problem

Matthieu Fauveau matthieu at nexarm.com
Thu Jul 31 06:05:27 MEST 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to install mrtg on my cobalt raq550 for a while now with the step
by step instructions from
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/unix-guide.html (so all
libraries versions are the same as those on the how-to).
But, I always get the same error :

[root src]# /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.5
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.5
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and
library
ERROR: Skipping webupdates because rateup did not return anything sensible
WARNING: rateup died from Signal 11
 with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'server.domain.com_2'
 Signal was 11, Returncode was 0

I have try many releases of libpng and did many search on google... always
with no success.

Your assistance will be of a precious help.

Best Regards,
Matthieu.