[mrtg] Problem with MRTG on Redhat 8.0

Matt M mattm at parcom.net
Thu Jul 31 19:59:13 MEST 2003

Hello I am new to the list and I just wanted to say hi AND ask for some help
on an issue I have encountered.

Ok:

Normally I run MRTG/RRDTOOL on a Windows2000 machine and I have absolutely
NO complaints what so ever.. BUT, my only problem is that I want to
calculate total throughput using the RRD. Now, if I was an awesome hacker I
could write a program do this, but sadly ;-) I am not.. SO, I have found
some very nice tools that will do this BUT, you guessed it-- they only run
on Linux/Unix. So, I broke out my old Linux skills and built a Redhat 8.0
box and I have compiled and installed MRTG. -Copied my windows mrtg.cfg file
over (with some minor changed of course) and tried to run it.

This is what I get:

ERROR: Mrtg will most likely not work properly when the environment
       variable LANG is set to UTE-8. Please run mart in an environment
       where this is not the case:

       env LANG=C /usr/local/src/mrtg/bin/mrtg ...

Also, I did run cfgmaker and created a new config just to see if the old
config was to cluttered with windoz garbage but I get the same result.

ANYWAY, any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank You,

Matt