[mrtg] Re: Sending SNMP Traps from MRTG Treshold Breaches....Help !!

Cornwell, Eric J. EJCORNWELL at coopertire.com
Thu Jun 12 16:34:48 MEST 2003

Hello,
I have an W2K box that we are running MRTG 2.9.25 on and I would like to do
what was mentioned below.  We frequently have a couple of wan connections
that use all the bandwidth available.  Sending traps would be a great way
for us to monitor it but I have no idea how to implement it.
Thanks!
Eric

>Leandro,
>The easiest way we found to achieve this was called a standard shell script
when the threshold is passed with a few >parameters available from the
SETENV lines in the cfg file. The shell script then contains the snmptrap
command and parameters to forward onto an snmpd host. I can send specifics
but it was actually very easy.
>Martin At 08:54 AM 10/19/2002 +0100,
 >Leandro Nicoletti wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I've got MRTG setup monitoring numerous different devices such as
servers/routers etc.
> >I would like to be able to send an SNMP trap when a given threshold has
been breached, but I've not found >any documentation on this.
> >I am trying to find documentation on how this can be >achieved on either
Win2k or Linux MRTG polling server. > >Thanks