[mrtg] Re: cammer.pl for bay/nortel kit?

Steve Salvini salvini at macs.hw.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 10:35:52 MEST 2003

Hi - I mailed out a few days ago asking if anyone had done a port of
cammer.pl for Nortel/Bay kit.  Looks like the answer to that is "no" so
I've started hacking myself.  I have a rudimentary version running but
I am a bit stuck trying to figure out part of the code.

There is a comment which reads "catalist 2900 does not use com at vlan
hack" in the section to "Gather Mac 2 Port (etc)".

I have three questions:

1. What is the "com at vlan hack" and is it Cisco-specific?

2. Despite what the comment says, the code still passes a community
   string of community_string at vlan - er, help! ;-)

3. I suspect that Nortel/Bay do not support this "feature" - if anyone
   knows more about this please share it!

Thanks,
Steve.

Steven Salvini - Computer Officer    email salvini at macs.hw.ac.uk
School of Math & Computer Sciences   phone  (+44) 131 451 3418
Heriot-Watt University               fax    (+44) 131 451 3732
EDINBURGH EH14 4AS Scotland          URL http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~salvini/