[mrtg] Graph CPU usage on a 4-processor system with MRTG/RRDtool

"Bühl, Reiner, VIS" reiner.buehl at vodafone.com
Tue Jun 24 14:36:35 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to monitor CPU usage on a 4-processor system. My SNMP agent
provides a CPU idle percentage for each CPU that I would like to use.
I have MRTG and RRDtool up and running fine. Now I am struggling with
the configuration of this one graph. To get CPU usage for a single CPU,
I need to subtract the SNMP value from 100 since I get idle percentage.
Can anybody help me if this is the correct form for the configuration:

Target[localhost_cpu1234]: 100 - <oid_1> & 100 - <oid_2> & 100 - <oid_3> &
100 - <oid_4>:public at localhost:161

Or do I need to do the math somewhere else?

For graph generation I currently use 14all.cgi. How could I specify that
the above collected metrics should be presented as one graph with four
lines of different color?

Best regards,
Reiner Buehl