[mrtg] Errors in Log Files

Cornwell, Eric J. EJCORNWELL at coopertire.com
Fri Jun 27 12:55:15 MEST 2003

Hello,

	We monitor somewhere near 64 devices on our network and around the
world.  With this many devices there are bound to be errors.  I've set up
MRTG so when it runs there are 3 logs that are used.  Switches, Routers, and
Servers.  Lately I've been getting some odd messages and was wondering if
anyone had an easy way to figure out which device is causing the error.

It my switch Logs:
2003-06-27 06:52:31 -- WARNING: data collection did not complete within
interval!

In my router Logs:
2003-06-27 03:24:38 -- Use of uninitialized value in system at mrtg line
1518.

Is there any command to add to show which device is causing the error or
would it be best to give each device it's own log file?

Thanks!
Eric