[mrtg] Unscaled and AbsMax (removing graph peaks)

lam lammer at mail.sochi.ru
Sat Jun 28 18:08:34 MEST 2003

Iam monitoring ethernet connection with 100 mbit bandwidth, but the
normal\average usage of it by customers is about 128 kbit (20-25kbytes\sec),
but sometimes this connection is used for internal purposes so there peaks
in graph (100-130kbytes\sec).
Here some lines from config file:

MaxBytes[st]: 20000
RunAsDaemon:Yes
Interval:5
Unscaled[st]: dw
YSize[st]: 239
XSize[st]: 595
YTics[st]: 7
AbsMax[st]: 12500000
YTicsFactor[st]: 0.7

MRTG log file is also used to calculate all the amount of traffic for that
interface, so I couldnt just drop down that peaks of high speed transfers,
but in graph I need to see only the normal traffic flow, without peaks.

"Unscaled" item didnt help to solve the problem, the graphs a still drown
with peaks (see attach).

Any suggestions?

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 2k (2991 bytes)