[mrtg] Help with templates...

Cedric Charest cedric.charest at cgi.com
Wed Mar 5 13:57:44 MET 2003

Hello,

I started working with MRTG with rrdtools few weeks ago, and I now have
some problems with my interfaces (if) template.

I am monitoring many routers and switches, I am calling cfgmaker trought
a perl script I made. This works fine.
Every element I am monitoring is on a different file, with an "Include:"
in mrtg.cfg. This works fine.

The cmd line I use for cmdmaker is:
system(`$cfgmaker  --ifdesc=nr --show-op-down --subdirs=HOSTNAME
--if-template=$mrtgtemplate/switch-if.template
--host-template=$mrtgtemplate/switch-host.template $community\@$host
2>>mrtg.log >$mrtgcfg/$id.cfg`);

This works fine too.
My host template which check for CPU and Mem works great.
My if template, which, in case of a switch (as the cmd line I put) check
for the bandwith, Input/Output errors, drops and discards on all
interfaces, up or down. Almost everything works, but not the bandwith,
and I just don't understand why. This is the part where I request help.
I'm sure it's stupid with my conf, but I'm working to fix it since last
week and I saw nothing useful on the net and I just don't know how.

The problem is: cfgmaker seems to just don't create/care about the "in
and out"/bandwith entries in the config files for every routers/switches
I am generating a conf. The bandwith template is almost the same that
others items (drop, error, discards..) in the template, and others work.
I joined my templates file (host and if) to this mail.

This is not my final template, but I can't progress for now if I can't
put this to work, so I must fix this as soon as possible :)
I tried with the same conf as in the cfgmaker man page with my
templates, but it doesn't work much.

Hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

Cedric

PS: I'm also using routers2.cgi with mrtg-rrd. I am using Debian, and
version 2.9.17 of MRTG.

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 7k (7417 bytes)

-- Type: text/html