[mrtg] MaxBytes question

Wed Mar 5 14:48:23 MET 2003

Hello,

(mrtg-2.9.21)

I have a 10Mb line on eth0 which is normally only used for internet
access at 512kb/s. I'm only interested in all traffic below these
512kb/s. I therefore use:

Unscaled[host_5]: dwmy
MaxBytes[host_5]: 64000

But sometimes I have a 10Mb/s connection through this interface. To
avoid that peaks of 10Mb/s connection "hide" the 512kb/s statistics, I
use the Unscaled option. But I can't find a solution to the following
problem: The MaxBytes option throws away all traffic above 64000 Bytes,
but I would like that the traffic above 64000 Bytes is shown as "64000
Bytes", not zero Bytes.

Is that possible?

Richard.

Recursion: see recursion

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht,    Linux 2.4.20 RedHat 7.2            |
| The Netherlands               i686/1200MHz/768MB                 |
| Public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pe1bbf/pubkey.asc              |

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature