[mrtg] Re: Getting values, but empty graphs

Jerry Heidtke jheidtke at fmlh.edu
Wed Mar 12 23:53:42 MET 2003

You need to add

Options[5_2]: gauge

to your config. Then mrtg will just record and graph the actual values at each sample time, rather than trying to calculate a rate per second.

If the value returned is 2 at one sample time, and five minutes later is still 2, when mrtg calculates a rate per second [(sample2 - sample1) / 300], it will record and graph 0. By telling mrtg this is a gauge, this calculation is skipped.

Jerry