[mrtg] Re: How to merge Two Graphs from two different Nodes into One! Urgent!

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Mar 13 23:16:50 MET 2003

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 03:38:37AM +0530, Keshav J wrote:

> I have configured MRTG to get the graph for my Leased lines. the host is
> Nortel Passport 7480 Multiplexer.
>
> However I am seeing only the IN traffic in the Graph and Out traffic is
> showing "Zero"!!
>
> This seems to a funny problem with the Passport, it only gives the Traffic
> for Incoming and Not Outgoing!!

Hopefully the other Passport it doing the same ...

> To work around this I have to get the data from the Passport at the other
> end of the leased line,

... because you can then add up both targets ...

> My question is How can I merge the two graphs into One so that I can Get the
> Utilization at One shot and Also, can I plot one as In and other as Out in
> the Graph!!!

... reversing one of them.

Adding targets is done using " + " (so: space, plus, space), reversing
inbound and outbound is done using "-" (so: an aditional minus in front
of one target).

    Target[x]: 1:public at switch1 + -1:public at switch2

I never tried this myself but it should work I think.

It tells MRTG to:

- get in and out from switch1
- get in and out from switch2, swapping in and out
- add the two targets together

You should get:

In_from_switch1 + Out_from_switch2 (which is zero) as input
Out_from_switch1 (which is zero) + In_from_switch1 as output

HTH
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit