[mrtg] Re: RE : Cisco catalyst 3550 CPU OID problem?

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Mar 17 16:11:24 MET 2003

-----Original Message-----

If you really want to spike the CPU, secure shell in and do a half-dozen
show tech-report's...

You can also do show cpu hist to get a historical graph of utilization.

I remember calling into Cisco about a number of problems, and they would
always say "You need to get a faster box - the CPU is pegged at 99%!" to
which I would reply "no, I just did a secure shell to gather the show tech,
it was running at 3% for a month!"  Show proc cpu hist really helps drive
that point across....

Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CNX
Lan/Wan Integrator
Austin Energy