[mrtg] A Little Off Topic : MRTG as a Service on Win2K

Morrow, Dave Dave.Morrow at compass-canada.com
Wed Mar 19 20:19:31 MET 2003

This question might be a little off topic......

I am running MRTG with RRD on a Win2K box.  MRTG works just fine and I use
Routers2.cgi for display.

I use the Resource Kit tools INSTSRV & SRVANY to create a service for each
.cfg I need MRTG to look at.  The problem lies in the fact that each
instance of PERL and SRVANY require almost 10MB of RAM.......this
dramatically limits the number of devices I can monitor.  I guess my
question is, is there a way to make MRTG read multiple .cfg files on a
single command line?

David Morrow
Senior Network Administrator
Compass Group Canada