[mrtg] Re: A Little Off Topic : MRTG as a Service on Win2K

(Verstrooid) Profke profke at easynet.be
Wed Mar 19 20:29:48 MET 2003

> I use the Resource Kit tools INSTSRV & SRVANY to create a service for each
> .cfg I need MRTG to look at.  The problem lies in the fact that each
> instance of PERL and SRVANY require almost 10MB of RAM.......this
> dramatically limits the number of devices I can monitor.  I guess my
> question is, is there a way to make MRTG read multiple .cfg files on a
> single command line?

Maybe this: (haven't tried)

remove the line 'runasdaemon' from your configs.
write one perl script, that you run as service:
this contains:
------
#!/perl

$path_to_perl='c:\blabla\bin\perl.exe';
$path_to_mrtg='c:\blabla2\bin\mrtg';
$path_to_configfiles='c:\blabla3';

while (1) {
    sleep 300 ; #enter here your delay
    `$path_to_perl  $path_to_mrtg  $path_to_configfiles\\config-file1.cfg`;
    `$path_to_perl  $path_to_mrtg  $path_to_configfiles\\config-file2.cfg`;
    `$path_to_perl  $path_to_mrtg  $path_to_configfiles\\config-file3.cfg`;
    }