[mrtg] Re: A Little Off Topic : MRTG as a Service on Win2K

Jerry Heidtke jheidtke at fmlh.edu
Wed Mar 19 20:55:04 MET 2003

I use a cron service to launch different instances of mrtg at five
minute intervals. I have 18 different config files, 3-4 of which are
launched every minute. Each config is kept small enough that these
instances normally finish in less than minute, even if one of the
devices is unreachable. This process all works fine, doesn't put to much
of a load on the mrtg server, and if I make a change to a config or even
add a new device it gets automatically picked up the next time cron
invokes it.

Jerry