[mrtg] SNMPwalk on Win2k

Helms Corey S SSgt 374 CS/SCBBC corey.helms at yokota.af.mil
Thu Mar 20 00:40:29 MET 2003

This isn't nescessarily a MRTG thing, but you guys/gals are allways on the
ball about SNMP.

I went into the win2k services configuration and set up my RO and RW
community strings.  I restarted the service (and later, the entire machine),
but a "snmpwalk -c my_ro" does not work while "snmpwalk -c public" does
work.  The snmpwalk is being performed from the workstation to itself.
Anyone have an idea why it doesn't respond to the proper community string?

Also, the snmp service in WinNT doesn't have an area to configure the
community strings.  Any idea where to configure the strings for WinNT?

SSgt Helms
Yokota Siprnet Operations
225-6439

Confusious say:
Drop one screw on the floor, it lost forever.  Drop a hundred screws on the
floor and you say, "Look at all the damn screws I have to pick up."