[mrtg] Re: unknaszero

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at vvm.com
Sat Mar 22 21:17:26 MET 2003

Ah-ha!  I'm guessing that you're using MRTG by itself.  You may want to
look at using RRDTool for the graphing.  We use MRTG (w/unknaszero),
RRDTool, and 14all.cgi.  MRTG runs every 5 minutes and RRDTool stores
the data (if there is any, otherwise it stores a 0), 14all.cgi produces
the graph whenever we want to see it.  This causes "in a way"  all
graphs to be updated every 5 minutes.  When we took an interface down,
it reported a flat line until we brought it back up.  RRDTool has many
features to it and we use several of them.  I hope this will help you,
it REALLY helped us out alot.

Good Luck!
Jeremy

George Chelidze wrote:

>> And, I don't know if this helps, but you might look at the cfgmaker
>> documentation about the following option:
>> --no-down    do not look at admin or opr status of interfaces.  Normally
>> cfgmaker will not include interfaces which are marked anything but
>> administratively and operationally UP. With this switch you get them
>> all.
>

> I used cfgmaker one time when builded the cfg file. Now I use mrtg
> with this cfg file. So if interface is listed in cfg and not UP mrtg
> doesn't update graphs, until it became UP again. But before this
> moment data is unknown as when the nas is down. No difference from my
> point of view.

McLane Information Systems Division
-- Enterprise Networking Systems Group