[mrtg] Re: RRD on Win2k]

fluhmann at vvm.com fluhmann at vvm.com
Tue Mar 25 20:48:26 MET 2003

Here is what I put in the documentation for our company:
1. Create a folder c:\mrtg\rrdtool.  ( or c:\<path-to-mrtg>\rrdtool )
2. Unzip rrdtool-1.0.40.x86distr.zip into c:\mrtg\rrdtool
3. Create a folder c:\mrtg\rrdtool\bin
4. Copy (or move) the following files into the c:\mrtg\rrdtool\bin folder
from the folders in the \src folder:
  a. rrdtool.exe
  b. rrdcheckbounds.exe
  c. rrd_cgi.exe
  d. rrd_stats.exe
Add the following lines to your *.cfg file(s):

PathAdd: c:\mrtg\rrdtool\bin
LibAdd: c:\mrtg\rrdtool\perl-shared
logformat: rrdtool

There's not really anything to install, just putting things in certain
places and telling mrtg where they are.  When we did it, it converted our
*.log files to *.rrd files.  We changed to size of the *.rrd files to what
we wanted and started fresh.

I hope that was what you were looking for.

Jeremy Fluhmann
McLane Information Systems Division