[mrtg] Rateup not working for non-snmp data

Paul Williamson paulw91 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 27 08:12:47 MET 2003

I'm feeding squid proxy data from a sh script I wrote into MRTG.

The script outputs this:
1051
2517
17:42, 2 users, load average: 0.26, 0.30, 0.26
Gateway

The figures on lines 1 and 2 are forever increasing, thus I don't want to
use the gauge option.

-The Problem Is: that MRTG is not recording the past figures, so my graphs
are showing nothing at all.

Excerpt of the .log file:
1048748706 1051 2517
1048748706 0 0 0 0
1048748409 0 0 0 0
1048748400 0 0 0 0
1048748100 0 0 0 0

The first line always shows the current figures...

My mrtg.cfg file specifies:
Target[squid_hitmiss]: `/etc/mrtg/scripts/squid_hit_miss.sh`
Options[squid_hitmiss]: growright, dorelpercent, nopercent
Title[squid_hitmiss]: Number of Cache Hits/Misses
PageTop[squid_hitmiss]: <H1>Number of Cache Hits/Misses</H1>
MaxBytes[squid_hitmiss]: 5000
YLegend[squid_hitmiss]: Requests
ShortLegend[squid_hitmiss]: &nbsp;requests &nbsp; &nbsp;
LegendI[squid_hitmiss]: Cache Hits
LegendO[squid_hitmiss]: Cache Misses

Any suggestions on getting this to work would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks for reading,

Paul.