[mrtg] Re: Running MRTG More Frequently Than every minute

nate mrtg at aphroland.org
Fri Mar 28 06:28:49 MET 2003

Roy S. Rapoport said:

> So would I just do my own SNMP calls and use rrdtool to feed them into
> RRD, essentially completely bypassing MRTG?

I think so ..unless one of the many RRD frontends does the job for
you.. I used cricket 3-4 years ago, it worked good but I don't know
remember very much about it.

the main advantage to running MRTG with RRD I think is that rrd doesn't
generate the graphs when it gets the data, so you can monitor tons more
devices then with standalone mrtg, and the graphs get generated on
the fly by a cgi script as they are needed.

nate