[mrtg] Help configuring MRTG to use on Fortigate Firewall

Brian Blake BBlake at AmericanBackground.com
Mon May 5 15:31:17 MEST 2003

I have just started using MRTG and snmp.  I have been sucessfull in pulling
stats from a Cisco 2600 Router, two different printers and a couple of Win2k
boxes.  I am trying to configure mrtg to pull stats from a Fortigate 200
Firewall box (Made by Fortinet).  I got the manufacture to send me the *.mib
and have used the cfgmaker -- options LoadMibs but this still will not work.
The OS I am using is RedHat 7.3.  Any suggestions, links and help would be
greatly appreciated.
----Section of the MIB from Fortigate FN-SYSTEM.mib-----------

FORTINET-SYSTEM-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
IMPORTS

    DisplayString   FROM RFC1213-MIB
    fortinetSystem FROM FORTINET-SMI;

    fnSystemStatus  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { fortinetSystem 1 }
    fnSystemNetwork  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { fortinetSystem 2 }
    fnSystemConfig  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { fortinetSystem 3 }

-- System Status

    fnSystemStatusOperationMode OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  INTEGER {
            nat(1),
            transparent(2)
        }
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "FortiNet product can have two operation modes: NAT and
transparent"
    ::= { fnSystemStatus 1 }

    fnSystemStatusVersion OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX DisplayString(SIZE(0..128))
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "FortiNet Software version."
        ::= { fnSystemStatus 2 }

    fnSystemStatusAntiVirusDBVersion OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX DisplayString(SIZE(0..128))
        ACCESS  read-only
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "FortiNet Antivirus DB version."
        ::= { fnSystemStatus 3 }

-- System Network

    fnSystemNetworkIfTable OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  SEQUENCE OF FnSystemNetworkIfEntry
        ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "All FortiNet devices have a trusted interface and an untrusted
interface.
            FortiGate-300 and -500 also have a DMZ interface.%%%"
        ::= { fnSystemNetwork 1 }

    fnSystemNetworkIfEntry OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX  FnSystemNetworkIfEntry
        ACCESS  not-accessible
        STATUS  mandatory
        DESCRIPTION
            "fnSystemNetworkIfEntry collects attributes about FortiNet
interface."
        INDEX   { fnSystemNetworkIfIndex }
        ::= { fnSystemNetworkIfTable 1 }

    FnSystemNetworkIfEntry ::=