[mrtg] Re: mrtg numbers differ from snmpget

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Tue May 6 15:08:23 MEST 2003

What Daniel wrote works correct, but leads to wrong values in the graph on the Y-axis (free kB instead of MB for instance) at least in case of hrStorage.
To be also independant of AllocationUnitSize, you should rather multiply the value from hrStorageUsed with hrStorageAllocationUnits to receive bytes;
replace MaxBytes with the according values from hrStorageSize and multiply also with hrStorageAllocationUnits (which is mostly 4096)
In general I'd suggest you to use kMG with caution..

The following config for Disk works fine for my servers, only do an snmpwalk on OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1 and replace the index accordingly:
--- cut ---
Target[HOSTNAME.disk1]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.6.2&1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.6.3:COMMUNITY at HOSTNAME * 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.4.2&1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.4.3:COMMUNITY at HOSTNAME
Directory[HOSTNAME.disk1]: HOSTNAME
Options[HOSTNAME.disk1]: gauge,growright
WithPeak[HOSTNAME.disk1]: ymw
Title[HOSTNAME.disk1]: HOSTNAME Disk usage
PageTop[HOSTNAME.disk1]: <h1>HOSTNAME Disk usage</h1>
  <TABLE>
    <TR><TD>Resource:</TD><TD>Diskspace from Host-Resource-MIB<br>
	host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageUsed.x * host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageAllocationUnits.x
    </TD></TR>
  </TABLE>
MaxBytes1[HOSTNAME.disk1]: 4219568128
MaxBytes2[HOSTNAME.disk1]: 50297552896