[mrtg] Re: Combined metrics

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Fri May 9 10:40:54 MEST 2003

Allon

Target 1 + -1 will give you the Average of the Totals
If you want the Total of the Averages, upgrade to RRD, plot the interface
on its own, and get Routers2 to put a third (total) line on the graph.

I am not sure how much difference you will see, and under what
circumstances.
And on a Friday, my brain does not want to work that one out! In fact, I
suspect that, with the way MRTG works, there is no difference.

Regards
Peter