[mrtg] Re: RRDTOOL and WIN2K Installation issues

Ian Farr ianf at Oceanwide.com
Tue May 13 21:03:59 MEST 2003

what version of MRTG are you on
I got this error with a previous version, but when I upgraded to the latest
version all was OK after that...

____________________
Ian Farr
Director of Network Infrastructure
Oceanwide.com
514-289-9090 ext 234

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Barsanti [mailto:richard_barsanti at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 2:28 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] RRDTOOL and WIN2K Installation issues

Dear group,

I am having trouble with RRDTOOL since I installed it on my Win2K Server.

I downloaded and unzipped rrdtool-1.0.40.x86distr.zip and ran the ppm
install rrds.ppd command which did not give me any errors.

I then created a .cfg file with cfgmaker and that worked created without
errors. (perl cfgmaker --output filename.cfg public at ip_address)

When I run the perl mrtg filename.cfg with the following global options:

PathAdd: C:\rrdtool1\bin
LibAdd: C:\rrdtool1\perl-shared
logformat: rrdtool
WorkDir: c:\test
RunAsDaemon: Yes
Interval: 5

I always get either:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at mrtg line 479

or

'-' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
ERROR: Cannot update c:\test\ip_address.rrd with
'1052844818:1435500354:245733
6993' opening 'c:\test\ip_address_1.rrd': No such file or directory

Any ideas?

Thanks

Richard Barsanti