[mrtg] VPN mobile users

Alegria, Luis lalegria at ics-canada.net
Mon Nov 3 20:40:11 MET 2003

This Mail Box is Spam Protected

-----Original Message-----
From: Alegria, Luis [mailto:lalegria at ics-canada.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:05 AM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] vpn sa

To ALL Mrtg savvies:

I have been running MRTG for a couple of years now, with router2.cgi as a

front end and of course RRDtool.

For the router's interface it has been great for almost every type of

information that SNMP can provide (of course without affecting network

traffic :). Anyways, the reason of this email it is to get some help or

feedback in something that I want achieve.

I have 2 Intel 3110s Netstructure that provides me with VPN connectivity;

I'm already monitoring all the tunnels with static IPAddress, and connected

all the time.

What I need is to setup some kind of monitoring for mobile users that
connect by using a vpn client and not all the time. Also every time they
connect they use a different IP address from the ISP.

Anyone knows of anything that can achieve this, maybe using SAs information

or even if it is direct MRTG confs or mibs, php or perl or just or a

combination of all.

Thank you very much, all help appreciated

Luis Alegria

Almost a network Guru

PS: sorry about my spelling, I'm only ESL. (English as a Second Language)