[mrtg] Re: Newbie

Ronny Aasen list at datapart-as.no
Wed Nov 5 08:06:38 MET 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 03:58, Aris Santillan wrote:

I'v found
cfgmaker [comunityname]@[router ip] > cfgfilename

to be a good starting point.
man cfgmaker will show you a lot of info.

to grab ip information you can use some tool like ipfm (ip flow meter)
or similars. i run a box like this on a switch monitor port.

> hi guys
> im a newbie to mrtg. i just create a basic mrtg.cfg
> that will get all interface of our router... can anyone
> guide me or direct me to a good site that will step by
> step configuration of SNMP on Linux.
>
> Is it possible to monitor per IP bandwidht consumption
> in the router?
>
> What do i need to configure in SNMP in linux to be able
> to check the Memory, CPU and the Load?

i assume you use net-snmp ?
http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/tutorial/