[mrtg] Re: Calling MIBs

Barakat, Mehmet-Hasan hbarakat at kpmg.com
Wed Nov 12 18:17:31 MET 2003

Peter,

Thanks for the info. I have Getif on a Windoze box, and I can browse the MIB
fine. I get .1.3.6.1.4.1.1718.3.2.5.1.6 correlating to
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.serverTech.sentry3.systemTables.te
mpHumidSensorTable.tempHumidSensorEntry.tempHumidSensorTempValue but down in
the frame, there are two values that pop up when I hit Start :

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.serverTech.sentry3.systemTables.te
mpHumidSensorTable.tempHumidSensorEntry.tempHumidSensorTempValue.1.1 *and*
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.serverTech.sentry3.systemTables.te
mpHumidSensorTable.tempHumidSensorEntry.tempHumidSensorTempValue.1.2.

Is this what you mean when you say "instance"? I need the info from the
second one, which is the temperature.

If I append the original entry up top to add in the suffix .1.1 or .1.2,
Getif fails to retrieve the value - it only likes it when I leave it as
.1.3.6.1.4.1.1718.3.2.5.1.6.

Any clues? I'd like to browse the MIB from my RedHat MRTG station - any
recommendations on what to use?

-H