[mrtg] Re: MRTG and a Multihomed webserver.

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Wed Nov 19 21:24:17 MET 2003

You should get a bit more specific:
- What webserver (Apache/IIS) are you running ? -> if IIS, there's afaik no way to graph single virtual instances with SNMP without going the painful perfmon-way)
- What Firewall brand/model/version ?
Forget about the 2980, you can only graph the physical switch interfaces' traffic, no IP-address related things.

IP-Accounting-like stuff is always quite difficult to graph with MRTG and more a job of flow-analysis but there
may be a way depending on what equipment you have (NBAR,CAR etc.), the most likely way is from the webserver directly..

regards

Michael Markstaller

Elaborated Networks GmbH
www.elabnet.de
Lise-Meitner-Str. 1, D-85662 Hohenbrunn, Germany
fon: +49-8102-8951-60, fax: +49-8102-8951-80