[mrtg] Re: Error

Thomas Olofsson thomas at kista.mine.nu
Thu Oct 2 03:05:32 MEST 2003

** Ooops, one of many bad things happened:

   a)  You don't have the GD library installed.
       Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
       use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
       its location. You might also have to use --with-z-inc,
             --with-z-lib and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for gd
             versions 1.6 and higher.  Check config.log for more
       information on the problem.

   b)  You have the GD library installed, but not the gd.h
       header file.  Download the source (see above) and use
       --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify where the file can be found.

   c)  You have the library and the header file installed, but
       you also have a shared GD library in the same directory.
       Remove the shared library files and/or links (e.g.
       libgd.so.2.0.0, libgd.so and libgd.so.2).  This is especially
             likely if you're using a recent (post 1.8.4) version of GD
       and didn't configure it with --disable-shared.

   Consider following the instructions in doc/unix-guide.txt