[mrtg] Monitoring Netscreen Firewalls

Eric eric-dated-1076166963.88f2f6273a3b03c306157444 at catastrophe.net
Fri Oct 10 17:31:39 MEST 2003

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is monitoring Netscreen firewalls with
MRTG. I have a cluster of NS500's and a couple other smaller
devices, and would like to be able to track connections and
network traffic going through them. I searched quite a bit
yesterday on various terms but nothing came back that proved
fruitful.

Also, if I do an snmpwalk of the device, I get back most of the
things I'd expect from a device, but items like cpu and memory
aren't included. Do I need the MIB's for the devices? If so, how
do they work with MRTG?

Thank you.

- Eric