[mrtg] Re: Adding two OIDs together.

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Wed Oct 15 21:52:17 MEST 2003

PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> OID1&OID2 + OID3&OID4 = OID1 + OID3   and OID2 + OID4
>
> I thought it said that in the docs somewhere...
>
> Paul
It doesn't, I actually had the exact same question and after
experimenting with it I came to the answer you provided, Paul.

Also any mathematical expression is applied to all counters.

target1&target2 / 4 would divide both targets by 4. I tried grouping by
() and {} but MRTG explodes in a frenzy of log activity :).

HTH
--
PGP Key: http://archon.silvertree.org/pgp.txt Fingerprint: E799 F032
BD9A 66B8 2930 AE2B E742 0B78 BADB 8E11