[mrtg] I cant get Images under Redhat 9.0.

Tayfun Özdemir shootgun at ultratv.net
Mon Oct 20 14:37:50 MEST 2003

Hello there. I am totally newbie to mrtg, so please forgive my inexperience.
I have a dedicated linux which runs Redhat 9.0 on it. I want to display my bandwith usage (clients may want to know).
I have made a configration file using cfgmaker. What was happen at below.
[shootgun at psycoder shootgun]$ cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/httpd/vhosts/psycoder.gen.tr/httpdocs/mrtg'   --global 'Options[_]: bits,growright' --output /home/shootgun/mrtg.cfg    shootgun at psycoder.gen.tr
--base: Get Device Info on shootgun at psycoder.gen.tr:
SNMP Error:
no response received
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "psycoder.gen.tr" [207.44.216.41].161)
                  community: "shootgun"
                 request ID: -800339629
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)
 at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 621
SNMPWALK Problem for 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 on shootgun at psycoder.gen.tr::::::v4only
 at /usr/bin/cfgmaker line 775
WARNING: Skipping shootgun at psycoder.gen.tr: as no info could be retreived

--base: Writing /home/shootgun/mrtg.cfg
[shootgun at psycoder shootgun]$

When i run mrtg as below:
[root at psycoder root]# env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg /home/shootgun/mrtg.cfg
[root at psycoder root]# cd /home/httpd/vhosts/psycoder.gen.tr/httpdocs/mrtg/
[root at psycoder mrtg]# ls
[root at psycoder mrtg]#

It does not create images under that folder.
I am running mrtg-2.10.5 version. It would be very nice if someone could explain me what can be wrong. I have done what was said at http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/unix-guide.html (Only diffrance i used rpm versions).
I have searched the web for a while and I send some e-mails to Tobias Oetiker (I asked too many stupit questions and he answered them with patience). But I could not find the answer yet.
Thank you so much.
Tayfun Özdemir