[mrtg] Re: apollo_uptime.html

"Lotierzo, Leandro (Administración del Centro de Cómputos)" LLotierzo at lanacion.com.ar
Mon Oct 20 14:33:15 MEST 2003

I know that, but I've made this to my .html just for view only the uptime
text "<iframe width="100%" height="120" src="ServerName_UpTime.html"
frameborder="no" scrolling="no">", so on an index page I can see the uptime
without entering on a detail page. It's a little dirty solution... but it
works fine for me...

I hope it works for you.

Cheers.

LL
SysAdmin at LN

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodolfo J. Paiz [mailto:rpaiz at simpaticus.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 3:46 AM
To: "Lotierzo, Leandro (Administración del Centro de Cómputos)";
mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: Fwd: apollo_uptime.html

Leandro,

When I create the target in mrtg.cfg using these parameters (the minimum it
will accept):

### Interface 4 >> Get the uptime text for a separate file.
#
#Target[apollo_uptime]: 1:apollo-snmp at apollo.paiz.org:
#Suppress[apollo_uptime]: ymwd
#Title[apollo_uptime]:
#PageTop[apollo_uptime]:
#MaxBytes[apollo_uptime]: 10

then what I get is the complete webpage below:

>----------
>The statistics were last updated Friday, 17 October 2003 at 18:13,
>at which time 'apollo.paiz.org' had been up for 1 day, 7:27:05.
>
>----------
>
>GREEN ### Incoming Traffic in Bits per Second
>BLUE ### Outgoing Traffic in Bits per Second
>

>----------
>
><http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/>
>MRTG
>  <http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/>
>[]
> <http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/>
>Multi Router Traffic Grapher
>
>version 2.9.17 <http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/>Tobias Oetiker
><mailto:oetiker at ee.ethz.ch><oetiker at ee.ethz.ch>
>and   <http://www.bungi.com/>Dave Rand
<mailto:dlr at bungi.com><dlr at bungi.com>

Can you think of a way to eliminate this and keep just the text about the
update time and uptime?

I have found that the code to generate this is here in /usr/bin/mrtg:

[rpaiz at apollo rpaiz]$ grep -C 15 "statistics were last updated"
/usr/bin/mrtg
     print HTML <<"TEXT";
$$rcfg{'addhead'}{$router}
</HEAD>
$$rcfg{bodytag}{$router}
$$rcfg{'pagetop'}{$router}<BR>
<HR>
TEXT

     if (defined $$rcfg{'timezone'}{$router}){
     print HTML
       &$LOC("The statistics were last updated <B>$Today
$$rcfg{'timezone'}{$router}</B>");
     } else {
     print HTML
       &$LOC("The statistics were last updated <B>$Today</B>");
     }
     if ($uptime && ! $$rcfg{options}{noinfo}{$router}) {
         print HTML
           ",<BR>\n".
         &$LOC("at which time $namestring had been up for <B>$uptime</B>.").
         "\n<!-- End Head -->";
     }

Is there a way I can add a piece of simple code which will open (and
overwrite if it previously existed) $WORKDIR/apollo_uptime.html and just
add the statistics/uptime text, then close it? I am afraid my perl
abilities _were_ born yesterday, and I can barely understand pieces of this
let alone modify it.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com