[mrtg] Include: Question...

Eric Cornwell e-cornwell at onu.edu
Mon Oct 27 14:39:11 MET 2003

Hello Everyone,

I just have a quick question involving the Include: function of MRTG.  I
am trying to monitor a bunch of switches and each switch has it's own
directory on the PC (Windows).  I'm getting a strange error when I
reboot the pc, it comes back and says that perl has had a problem and
had to be shutdown.  Nothing ever showed while running.  I think this
may be more related to windows than anything.  The strange thing is,
MRTG doesn't seem to be gathering any data.  I looked again today, and
found that it was putting everything in one directory, the last one in
the list on the include.  So my question, can you use the Include:
function and have multiple paths?

Ex of cfg.

Include: c:\mrtg\bin\switch1A.cfg    #Directory A
Include: c:\mrtg\bin\switch1B.cfg    #Directory B
Include: c:\mrtg\bin\switch2B.cfg    #Directory B
.
.
.
Include: c:\mrtg\bin\switch4E.cfg    #Directory E

This is just an example of how I have my directories/include set up.
The reason I'm doing it this way is to lower the amount of wperl
processes running.  Each config included is a standard config created by
cfgmaker.

Thanks for your help!
Eric