[mrtg] mrtg Solaris 2.8 (i386) socket error

Storey storey at canadianbacon.org
Wed Sep 3 18:14:40 MEST 2003

I compiled and installed MRTG 2.2.29 fine on Solaris 2.8 (i386) however
when running ./cfgmaker public at localhost I get the following:

--base: Get Device Info on public at localhost:
Error:
  creating socket: No such file or directory
 at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 400
SNMPWALK Problem for public at localhost:
 at ./cfgmaker line 709

When running ./mrtg <config_file> I also get "Error: creating socket: No
such file or directory"

ucd-snmp is running and accepting snmp queries. I've tried several
different versions of mrtg as well as a precompiled solaris (i386) package
but all give a socket errors.

Ideas anyone?