[mrtg] Re: Need to monitor VLAN traffic

Erik Denny erik at logical.net
Wed Sep 3 23:51:02 MEST 2003

All-

It might be difficult to find, but I know that under the newer IOS's for
the 7200 class, it IS possible to monitor a vlan's traffic.  I'm
successfully doing it currently on 4 routers.

However, it's apparent that it's not supported on Cisco switches
themselves (unless Garry is lucky enough to have a router blade in the
6500?).  I've also got soem Dell switches, can't do it there either (and
BTW- I can't get bi-directional data out of my Dells, only 1 direction at
a time...)

So, there is hope on the horizon, but it's slow in coming.  But monitoring
BVI's isn't working right though :(

..erik