[mrtg] Target addition problems

Stephen May stephen.may at sms-internet.net
Thu Sep 4 18:24:13 MEST 2003

Hi, we're using MRTG/RRD to graph our routers and switches, and I'm having a
problem adding two targets together to get our total internet usage.  The
two individual targets (Gigabit ethernet ports) both work OK, but as soon as
I try and add them, it all goes haywire.  The total for them never gets
above ~70Mb, but one of the ports on its own is passing around 175Mb of
data!  The graph generated is very jaggy and spikey, and I can't figure out
what the problem is.  Has anyone got any pointers?

Regards

Stephen May

SM1214-RIPE
Systems Administrator
Satellite Media Services
Lawford Heath Earth Station, Lawford Heath, Rugby CV23 9EU, United Kingdom

t  +44 1788 523000
f  +44 1788 523001
e  mailto:stephen.may at sms-internet.net
w  www.sms-internet.net