[mrtg] Re: Packet Loss

Woodcock, Bradford Bradford.Woodcock at Level3.com
Fri Sep 5 03:05:46 MEST 2003

Hi Anthony,

>From reading your question I surmise your mrtg server is on an NT
platform but you are looking to track packet loss on network interfaces
(on routers/switches). If this is correct you are looking for the mibs
named ifInDiscards and ifOutDiscards (or something close). You will find
them under the standard "interfaces" mibs under "ifTable". Fairly basic
mibs and well known. I add the two up for one line and add
ifInErrors/ifOutErrors for the other line of the graph. I believe I also
use the perminute option so I have a better chance of seeing them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Woody...

http://www.inframon.org - infraMon: Network Infrastructure Monitor