[mrtg] Re: [PWO] RE: Re: Packet Loss

Peter W. Osel pwo at Infineon.COM
Thu Sep 18 20:04:25 MEST 2003

> *** Anthony Valuikas <tvaluikas at cox.net>
> *** [2003-09-17 10:42:04]:
> So what does the -t switch do? Is it timeout?

-t is the timeout, i.e. after the given number of seconds, we will
abort the ping.  This feature does not seem to work on Windows...

If your perl installation does not implement the built-in alarm()
function, the timeout option will be ignored.  You will get a warning
about this only in verbose mode (option -v).  I have not found a perl
installation on Windows that implements the alarm() built-in function
on Win32.  So basically on Windows the timeout option is not working.

Hope this helps,
	--pwo

--
Peter W. Osel                   Principal - Development Systems
Infineon Technologies           Email: pwo at Infineon.COM

pgp key fingerprint = 79 2D DD 49 C0 AA D8 CF  2C F9 A5 6A BA 37 0E 28