[mrtg] Gigabit Ethernet monitoring problems

Stephen May stephen.may at sms-internet.net
Wed Sep 10 17:35:08 MEST 2003

I've just built a new linux box with the latest versions of MRTG and RRDtool
on it which we're using to monitor our routers.  I'm using MRTG-RRD, which
is working fine for everything bar the gigabit ethernet ports.  The graphs
aren't close to the actual traffic on the ports, and I've tried everything
to make it work.  If I try SNMPv2, I don't get *anything* at all on the
graphs, even though the switches do support SNMPv2.  Changing the interval
that the kit is polled from 5 minutes to 2 minutes did help, but it didn't
get the correct values.  Can any suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Regards

Stephen May

SM1214-RIPE
Systems Administrator
Satellite Media Services
Lawford Heath Earth Station, Lawford Heath, Rugby CV23 9EU, United Kingdom

t  +44 1788 523000
f  +44 1788 523001
e  mailto:stephen.may at sms-internet.net
w  www.sms-internet.net